Friday, April 12, 2013

Everybody feels left out sometimes

      I have been sick lately and its been so awful. I had a really bad cold and bronchitis (ain't nobody got time for that). When I'm sick, it affects my muscle tone and sometimes I get really tight. It is so hard to get comfortable when I'm like that. I hope it gets better soon because I am so sick of this!
      I am going to talk about feeling left out. Whenever I hear somebody talk about something I can't do, it makes me feel lonely and left out. My mom tells me that everyone feels this way sometimes, even people without disabilities. I know she's probably right. Today I am going to a movie with one of my friends. I love watching movies with my friends because I can totally do that in a wheelchair! There are so many things I can't do, though, and it gets frustrating. My friends talk about stuff and I so wish I could do the stuff they're doing. I know I'm lucky that I can do a lot of stuff. It is great that most places are handicapped accessible. I know things weren't always like that. I can't imagine living like that! I can do so many more things than I can't. (My mom keeps telling me to be positive) I think about that every time I'm feeling left out.
     Believe that you can do so many things. Don't dwell on the things you can't do. Focus on what you can do! Sometimes it's hard to do that. If you don't, you can make yourself get a bad headache and you won't be a happy camper! I learned that the hard way.
Later dudes and dudettes,
Jack

1 comment:

  1. Jack, great post! Remember,when I was at your house watching the NCAA tourney, and I had to keep asking you stuff about the games (what was that call?, who is that player)?.., I was thinking that night how I wished I could analyze sports like you and your cousin, Ian, do. I don't have that type of vision and I miss so much in a game even though I love to watch. I always tell Ian he would make a great coach, as would you...but then I guess you have already been doing that haven't you. God gives gifts to us all. Love you.

    ReplyDelete